Icefest’17 will be held January 26 – January 29, 2017 throughout downtown Chambersburg, PA. It will feature over 70 custom designed ice sculptures. Most activities are FREE.
- Kids’ Obstacle Course and Scavenger Hunt in parking lot next to Main Street Deli on North Main Street .(sponsored by MedExpress) Compete for prizes.
- The Council for the Arts presents “Cups”. Cups are the “canvases” for this unique gallery exhibition, through February 24, of artistically designed vessels in both hand-blown glass and hand-crafted ceramic mediums. Artists state-wide will be represented in this unique display of creative, fun, funky, traditional and functional wares.
- Penn’s Woods Printmakers presents “Prints & Drawings” at 1 North Main Street (former Tito’s Restaurant); the public is welcome and refreshments will be offered. Penn’s Woods Printmakers is a group of area artists who create etchings, monotypes, collagraphs and other hand-pulled prints.
- Student artwork from Scotland and Grandview Elementary Schools will be on display at 1 North Main Street and throughout downtown Chambersburg. Elementary Art teacher, Erin Gillespie, has coordinated a multi-venue exhibition of approximately 500 works of art by students in Scotland’s and Grandview’s K-5th grades, including mixed media, watercolors, pastels and collages.
- FREE Double-Wide Ice Slide OPEN
- Princess Party at the Capitol Theatre – 1 hr. of princess activities and snacks then a 2:00 showing of the Disney movie: “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” $
- The Franklin County Historical Society will host an IceFest Reception for the open exhibition “Home is Where the Heart Is” at 175 East King Street